Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jumping Off The Planet






When I look around the world, I hear the gossip and cynicism of others, the hatred, the anger and the bigotry. Sometimes it makes me ashamed to be a part of the human race. They say if you don't like it, you can leave...........

Soooooooo

We're given the chance to Jump Off The Planet
.......Or.......
Stay and Make A Difference........

It seems like these attributes have a tendency to show their ugly faces a lot more when we as Americans, go through the process of electing new officials.  We've become disillusioned  about what is said, who to blame, who to trust and skepticism reaches an all time high.

The old saying states that we should never talk about religion and politics unless we want the battles to begin and boy do they.  We have our beliefs, our opinions, our views of right and wrong and our ears that hear things our way.  Because our world revolves around me and my.......our opinions are strong, stubborn and the way it is.  But... being solely absorbed with me and my can make me an ugly person.

Coming from a small town in Texas, to a somewhat, small town in Nashville, Tennessee, has given me an interesting view of the ways of the world, the hearts of it's people, the wonders of humanity as well as the ugliness and cruelty they hold.

We are.......who we are.  Some say that will never change.  I say, if we don't change, we are loosing the best gift this world has given us.........

Life

We have the choice to make the world an Ugly Place or one of Beauty and Love. We can make this Gift of Life, Our Gift to the World.





6 comments:

Shannon said...

Seems like it should be easier living together here on earth doesn't it? It is a tiny blue planet in a vast universe.....inhabited by beings that seem, by and large, unable to tolerate any deviation from their own particular societal norms. In a macro view we do look pretty foolish. It is something I pray about, that we can all learn to open our hearts and our minds to each other.

WynnSong said...

I agree Shannon. I think about the movies where the earth has to fight as one against and alien nation or world so to speak. It's ashamed we can't fight as one just because we are one world....

Shannon said...

Perhaps it's fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of moving out of the status quo. Fear of what "might happen" if we let go of all of our pre-conceived notions of how things should work. Maybe just talking about it is the antidote. Small changes matter.

WynnSong said...

Yep, one person at a time can make a world of difference as in the last video in my blog portrayed...

Moanerplicity said...

I smell you, Wynn. I really do.

We can do we what we do, & then seek to BECOME the change we yearn to see in the world. We can live our lives quietly or loudly & still present a positive example for others... but this can only come about when when we live this life unselfishly, w/ compassion, w/ Grace, w/sincere concern & caring for our fellow man or woman.

It's so easy to backslide into many of the negative behaviors you mention here. The problem is too many people are clearly out of touch w/ their Angel Angels.

I repeat: We have to BECOME the change we yearn to see in the world.

One.

WynnSong said...

Amen My Friend....Amen.....