Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Been A Bit


It's been a bit since I've had time to write here. My journey has definitely been interesting lately.

The Business:
I've been challenged more than I could have imagined but it's been a great learning process and I've been up for the challenge. Knowing what I know now....would I have ever started it.......yep.....
Does the stress get to me at times.....yep.....but it's all part of the process. And even with so much involved, so many decisions and so much to learn....it's a good feeling.

The Emotions:
The last few weeks have had more than their share of sadness. One friend diagnosed with a life threatening cancer. One friend who's Dad suddenly passed. One friend's struggle with cancer, so courageously fought, slowly loosing the battle. So many other friends and acquaintances having their own loss and struggles. Sometimes the emotions can be a bit overwhelming.

The Songbook:
So close to a reality, a finished product, a feeling of accomplishment. Knowing it's the first of more to come but like a first love, it will hold a special place in my heart. Along with the joy, comes the sadness of some of those who were so close to me, not being here to celebrate. But knowing in some way, they are here reveling in the moment with me.

The Joy:
Finding joy has always been and still is a struggle for me. Too many times I look at this world through Glasses Darkly. Seeing the darkness, the anger, the frustration before I see the peace, the love and yep.....the joy. But as life progresses, my quest to open up to a happier place always continues, my search to enjoy the small moments as well as the big, is never ending. My attitude adjustment is ever evolving, turning those Glasses Darkly, into rose colored, filled with light and life.

My Life:
There is a new purpose there, a new challenge, a new place in the sun. There are still days where my body kicks me hard and my emotions are drained dry. But with each new day, each new task, I'm learning to find more balance in my life.

The Journey:
Life is a journey, filled with ups and downs, the good and the bad, the joy and the sadness. But that's what makes the journey unique. When we learn to embrace every aspect of life, then we can learn to live it to it's fullest. And when we add God into the factor, the journey is complete.

4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love this post and how you broke down each season of your life. We are all in this "thing" together.

There have been so many deaths and prayer requests from my church family regarding that ugly "C" word. Makes me both angry and sad.

Life is so very precious and with cancer, lupus, diabetes, ms, hiv, etc...I pray that more and more people would "choose" to be happy.

It's not always going to be a cake walk or a stress free day, but in the big scheme of things...LIFE's good.

We have family...we didn't get to choose them, but we can choose to love them and we can also choose our friendships.

One thing that I've learned over the past couple of years is the precious gift of time. How to spend it and who to spend it with.

YOU are creating a dream all your own and you are creating joy in the process. Embrace each day with it's challenges and obstacles because your legacy will be remembered as good and nothing we do is in vain.

Our day to day journey is both filled with lessons and blessings along the way...all to show those with us, before us and after us that GOD planned it all long ago.

Jeremiah 29:11-14.

Love for a great day!
China

WynnSong said...

Thanks for all the words of wisdom China....well said....

Moanerplicity said...

Wynn...

I don't think 'searching' for JOY is even necessary. If we have to search for it.... then we are doing something seriously wrong.

JOY should in waking up in the morning, THANKFUL for another day... free of pain & in one's right mind. JOY exists in the simplest things & in this limited time we are given, JOY should be as free, easy & as pleasurable as breathing air.... simply because we are still ALIVE & we STILL CAN breathe.

SJ, My Friend!


One.

WynnSong said...

For some, joy comes easy, for others, feeling joy is a struggle. I think it's the way we are wired. For some, it's so easy to find joy in the simplest of things. For others, the mind is always working overtime and finding those moments of joy are few and far between. The joy of waking up and life is there but sometimes the pain of the body and the mind make it harder to get the most out of those special things life gives us.