Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Value Of Life






It seems that I write a lot about how important and unique each life is. All we have to do is watch the news and see how quickly and unexpectedly that life can be taken away. It seems like every year around graduation time, so many school kids are killed in accidents, or shootings. A young life that will never know what life is like after their school days, never know marriage, college, kids, success and failures.

We see so many adults who lose that life way too soon, leaving kids and grand kids, love ones and friends.  It happens in a flash, in one wrong move on the interstate, with one bomb or bullet in a time of war, with one diagnosis of cancer.

We live our life with so much frivolity at times. So many minutes, hours, days, wasted, thinking we have years to do the important things in life. Sure we need to enjoy as much of our time as we can, but we need to remember to really Live Life.

Two of my favorite sayings come to mind......

Life is Not a Dress Rehearsal
and  
Live Like Your Dying

The reason I write about life so much is that I see myself, wasting so much time on trivial things that really hinder my life, instead of enhance it. I remind myself everyday that today, is the day to get serious about some things, work on some changes and really make an effort to put in the work and make the most of my time.

The Value of Life......

We can't put a price on it other than the fact that it is priceless. Every minute of life is a gift from God, a moment to do something special, to make a difference. But we as humans, look for the now and the right now, the cheap thrill or the self gratification. We've lost the meaning and importance of life that our parents and grandparents worked for each day and knew they were blessed with the rewards of their labor. 

So I again repeat myself and remind myself......

Live.....Really Live
Love With A Passion
Laugh, Even When You Feel Like Crying
Reach Out And Touch The World
Keep Your Eyes On God
and
Never Forget To Dance


and the Journey Continues.....




2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks Wynn, very good insights. This is a topic I think about often. We do really only get one chance. It's so easy to get caught up in inconsequential nonsense and lose sight of the amazing world around us!

WynnSong said...

You're welcome Shannon....
It takes work....