Monday, May 7, 2012

A Life In Stone





I've been working on my final celebration for a while, from the service, to the prepaid expenses, all so no one will have to stress over the details when My Time Comes.....

I just sent the first draft of my Tombstone to the Publishers.....so to speak, trying to sum up a lifetime into one stone that will let the world know who I was and what my Life Journey encompassed. The stone is just a marker for my resting place, but hopefully it will portray some part of my life here on earth.  

As I planned my parents tombstone, I knew it could never fully express who they were, but could show a portion of a memory, that we could take a look back to, when we stopped by to pay our respects and talk with them a while.

Our lives are made up of experiences, connections, moments.... and so much more, all tied up into a lifetime. The Tombstone.....is The End Stamp...to that life on earth.  But we continue to live on as long as the people we connected with, influenced and touched, carry the memories of who we were.

For my Stone.......the picture above will be laser-ed across it's face......

As My God and I have traveled through so many roads and fields together..... We will continue that stroll inside Heaven's Gates....Surrounded By His Love and Grace........

and the Journey Continues.......


4 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

I've come to know & respect you as a very detailed-oriented person, Wynn. The music you've chosen is excellent & illuminating. The program is very well thought out. The smallest detail has been delicately addressed, and now the headstone, which I think the photo above is a wonderful & fitting choice, my friend.

Question: will the following sentiment be included, because there are no quotation marks here, so I'm not sure:

As My God and I have traveled through so many roads and fields together..... We will continue that stroll inside Heaven's Gates....Surrounded By His Love and Grace........


Anyway, it's a classy presentation, Wynn.

Suddenly you're making me think about what I'd like on my stone. Perhaps I'll choose something from Shakespeare because there are so many deep & quotable lines from his works. Something like:

"His life was gentle... and the elements so mixed within him that nature might stand up and say to all the world, 'This Was a Man!'"


*ponders*

One.

WynnSong said...

Interesting thought. I had been trying to decided something to add on the back and it makes since. The sentiment was just a thought for the picture but I think it's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion Lin.

I think your choice is exceptional, truly fitting for your Stone my friend.....

Shannon said...

Wynn, It will be a lovely memorial to a thoughtful spiritual person. I admire your foresight to plan for the eventualities. After losing both my parents, my own mortality was staring me in the face for the first time. I wonder how different my feelings might be if not for strong faith and a firm belief in God's grace. Sending you warm and peaceful thoughts this Mother's Day weekend.

WynnSong said...

Thanks Shannon, you as well.....