Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living In The Real World




Someone asked me this week if I Live In The Real World...........Hehehe........
I know, some people think I live in LaLa Land most of the time but I can say that the way life has thrown me against the wall over and over and over lately has given me a pretty good perspective of the Real World.

Living In The Real World consist of looking at the world as it really is.  There is a lot of good in our world but there is also a lot of things that are messed up.  We see the joy and the beauty around us through God's incredible creations, the change of the seasons, the smell of morning dew, the complexity of the human body and the harmony of Life.  We also see the pain, the hunger, the anger, the greed, the selfishness, the poverty, the wars, the distrust, the illness and the list goes on and on.

Living in the Real World means we understand that the world has its problems but we make a decisive choice to help change the world and make it a better place, one step, one action, one person at a time.  We learn from those Hard Knocks that Life has thrown our way and turn those bumps and bruises into smiles and laughter.

Those who live in the real world are the ones that are picking themselves up, dusting themselves off and starting all over again to make this world a better place.  Those people living in LaLa Land are the ones who live life for themselves, for their own greed, that feel the world revolves just for them without any consideration of others.  Sadly I've met too many of those people since I've moved to Nashville.

So do I live in the Real World? 
I would say yes......even though I have my moments where I get sidetracked, I think life has kept me in a pretty Real place.  Now that life is taking a new course for me, I find myself wanting to reach out even more to make a difference, through my music, through my writing, through just being me.  Will I slip into LaLa Land sometimes, probably, but I hope that what time I have left in this world.......is Real..........

No comments: