Monday, July 30, 2012

A Day In The Life.......Or.....Death




I stepped outside this evening and snapped a couple of photos of some of the out door cats. Smokey Joe, was sleeping peacefully in the porch chair, with out a care in the world. I left for about ten minutes to pick up some supper a few blocks away, and as I returned home.....Smokey Joe, was in the street. I picked him up, his body still warm but lifeless, a touch of blood from his mouth. Just a kitten....but my kitten and you might say one of the kids.

I had just heard on the TV about a young man drowning in a lake near by,  a young man killed in a car accident just a few minutes before.  Then there was the news of O.J. Murdock, a WR for the Tennessee Titans who died this morning at 25 as the result of a suicide.

A day of dying.....
A day of tragedy.....
A day of shock.....
A day of mourning.....

Parents, keep your children close. Nurture them, love them, and help them see each day as a wonderful experience, a gift, a blessing......

Children, love your parents, show them respect, savor each moment with them......

Live your life like there is no tomorrow, for we never know when tomorrow, will never come........


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wynn, I'm so sorry. It's so hard losing ones we love. Big hug for you....

WynnSong said...

Thanks Shannon.....
My prayers are with those who lost a child today, so unexpectedly, so tragically....praying for the Peace That Passes All Understanding.....

meowmom said...

:( my heart breaks for you in memory of Smokey Joe, who from this angle looks so much like my Anastasia, also tragically taken before adulthood.