Friday, July 27, 2012

Feelings




We live in a world where pain, death, tragedy and hardships have become common place.  Sure, we've experienced these things through out history, but with the unlimited access from tv, computers, cell phones, iPads, etc, we become aware of what's in the news right after it happens.  With all of our technology, we are bombarded everyday with the world's tragedy, and with the news, it seems like we see more tragedy, then joy. It's as though we've become way too accustomed to it. It's as though we've forgotten how to feel.

My friend, Lin, made a comment on one of my earlier blogs about Mercy.  He said....
"Unless one is in or has lived in a place of pain, has known deep anguish, is not one to forget what it FEELS like, then mercy is in short supply."


Being exposed to so much....stuff.... on a daily basis, seems to have made us a bit numb at times, when it comes to our feelings. When we go through our own pain or joy, and really feel it.....Really Feel It.....we tend to show more compassion and empathy when others feel suffering. Then as time passes, we too seem to forget the deep emotions and feeling we had and become complacent in our own little worlds.

Maybe I'm talking more about me, than you.  We all perceive the world differently. We all deal with our feelings and cope with the world around us in our own unique way. Some of us tend to shut off our emotions in times of stress. Others are able to let the rivers of tears flow, in times of pain, and times of joy.
I tend to shut off more....then shed.

For those of us who are lovers of technology, we catch our minds running a marathon most of the time. With so much going on in our skulls, we tend to forget about what's going on in our hearts. We forget how to feel.

As with most things....good things...in life, we have to make a conscious effort to learn them, to let them grow, to let them become a part of who we are.  As we learn how to expand our minds, we have to learn how to expand our hearts.  We have to learn how to Really Feel, so the other good things in life....Love, Passion, Compassion, Mercy, Hope, Faith and Joy, can manifest themselves more fully as well.

So as I continue on my journey of life, I too have to continue to make that effort to Feel from the Heart, and not just the Head. To enjoy the life that God has given. To accept the things that I can not change and make the things I can better. To give the world my Heart and hope, in a small way, it becomes a better place......


and the Journey Continues......




2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Feeling... truly FEELING from the heart is one of those child-like wonders, Wondrous. Please note what I wrote: "CHILD-LIKE." Not childish. Sometimes I think we all need to reclaim our inner child.


One.

Shannon said...

I agree with your very smart friend Lin. From pain comes empathy...I think only through empathy can true mercy be felt.