Thursday, July 26, 2012

Music





I've always felt that Music is the Key that opens the Door to the Heart and Soul.....

Music has always been my passion, my release, my escape, my heart......
It's been neglected at times in my life, but every time I find my way back to it, I find that comfort.
Hmmmmm......much like God......

When I sit at the piano...and yep....the piano is so much better than a keyboard, I can let my emotions flow for hours and hours without stopping. When I'm done, I'm drained, but at peace. Whether I'm just letting the music flow or I'm playing with the purpose of creating, it's a time of fulfillment for me.

I'ts amazing how many times I've been deep in the frustrations of the world and forgotten to let the music soothe me with it's healing powers.
Hmmmmm......much like God.....

As Arthur O'Shaughnessy wrote,

"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams"


We've been blessed in life with different talents, some art and writing, some music and dance, some sports or mathematics, some the gift of being a mother or father or a friend, with a heart of gold. That talent or gift, as it seems, comes from a place deep within us, chosen by the God that guides us.  We can either take hold of that gift and run with it, or let it turn to dust by the wayside. We can let our dreams reach out to new heights or become dulled by the mediocrity of our own complacency.

So once again, I return to my music and let it once again become my passion and my joy. I will beat the keys with my anger and frustration, my inner most thoughts and feelings, as well as my victories and dreams. I will let the life of the chords and melodies take me to a place that only they can.
I will let go....
I will create.....
I will begin again.....


and the Journey Continues.......





1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

I believe it was Miles Davis who said (though Nietzche may have said it 1st): "Without music the world would be a mistake."


One.