Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lament



Sitting alone, my mind races
My heart cries out oh God
This world has hit me hard
The trials have been too much

And now more trials
More sadness
More Fear
More.......

You say you won't take us
Where you won't be with us
But my mind is panicked
My emotions in turmoil

Life and Death, all part of it
But sickness and death and sickness and death
Overwhelms me
My heart says not again

Hear my cries Lord
Heal my heart
Sooth my soul
Help me find your hope again

We pray for healing
But find uncertainty
We must have faith
But my faith is waning

Help me see you and not the fear
Help me see you and not the hopelessness
Help me see you and not the cancer
Help me see you and not the pain

Hear my cries Lord
Help me find my faith again
Help me lay it all at your feet
Help me see Lord, help me see


No comments: