Friday, October 22, 2010

Celebration of LIfe

During the last few months I've been working on my Mom's funeral service.  No, she hasn't passed yet but it won't be long.  I've been given a chance to spend some great times with her as well as spend time working on a memorial service for her that she would be honored by.

During the same time I've started reworking my on service.  Yep...I know...maybe a little morbid....but the perfectionist that I tend to be at times, I wanted it to be Done Right.  I had planned a service years ago but ended up using most of the music I picked out for my Parents Memorial Services and the service planned was a little more Somber.

All that has changed.  I've decided my service should be a

Celebration
Celebration of Life
Celebration of Life With God
Celebration of God

Again I add that not all who read this have the same beliefs of God as I do...but it's what I believe.  I want my Memorial service to be a time of Celebrating the Life We Have and Have Been Given.

I have a feeling those who attend my service may be a bit surprised at the music played before and during the celebration......maybe a bit blown away....but that's a good thing.  We need to be taken out of our comfort zone at times to experience all that this world and this life has to give us. My new play list (no longer on my page) has a few of those songs that I've picked so the Prelude to My Life has become a Celebration. If I were alive during this service, I would want to come early just to enjoy the incredible music that will be played.

Soooooo....even in the crazy times of life, the sad times, the frustrating times, the confusing times, the depressing times as well as the good times.....

Lets Celebrate This Life We've Been Given


No comments: