Saturday, November 6, 2010

Glare Or Glance

An online friend of mine sends me a daily email with positive words of encouragement, uplifting songs, quotes and sometimes devotionals.  Recently he sent one called Glare Or Glance.  The premise of the message was what we Glare at and Glance at in our lives can determine our outlook, our demeanor and our attitude.  If we Glare at the bad things and Glance at the good, we tend to be more negative and pessimistic in life.  If we Glare at the good things and Glance at the bad, we tend to be more upbeat and positive in life.

As I was rereading my last blog entry on politics, I realized I was Glaring at the negative side way too much and thus my view of politics was extremely pessimistic.  I need to change that. So many times in so many areas of our life we tend to Glare at the bad and Glance at the good way too often. 

My Sister has a friend that when you spend just a little time around him you see how depressed, angry and negative he seems.  He's had some struggles in life as most of us have but he spends most of the day watching a television channel where they constantly show the bad in the world. So many times we dwell so much on the bad that we forget to look at the good.

I have to constantly remind myself to dwell more on the good and not the bad.  As crazy as life gets sometimes I have to remind myself a lot.  Too many times I'm drifting off into space and deep in thought on what's ailing me at the moment.  So I have to snap out of it and remind my self again.  Think Positive, Look at the Good, Don't Worry, Be Happy.....as the song says but a song with a lot of Wisdom.

So as we go through the day.....look at your thoughts.  Look at where you are at and what you are thinking about.  See what You are Glaring at and Glancing at and see if there needs to be some changes. Maybe, just maybe we will all find ourselves seeing the world as a much Brighter Place.

1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

Wise phrase "Glance not Glare!"

I think we can glance & still be absentminded in what we see, observe & process. Yet, when something is going wrong in life, we tend to become haunted by it, we glare, we analyze & overthink it until it becomes the LARGEST thing in our vision & it's ALL we see... But in the meantime we overlook all that's positive, good, or improving in our lives.

Wise entry.

Lesson learned, my friend!

Snatch JOY!

One.

Lin