Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What Doesn't Kill Me.....






What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.....

Seems like I've been saying that a lot lately.  As I've started working out and my body is saying....What the Heck are You Doing......
I keep repeating it like a mantra....What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Sadly, I see just how blind folded we can be at times in facing the world around us. My attempt to get in better shape, has taken first place in my life right now, but, I'm always brought back to reality when I turn on the news.  Kids killing kids, dictators killing hundreds of their own, Hollywood's finest decked out in all the extravagance, politicians spending millions of dollars to slander each other just to get a vote.

Sooooo, what kills us.....really does kill us.  People die of starvation while others waste so much on political adds, diamond necklaces and frivolity.  It seems we've lost our sense of responsibility, our compassion and our humanity. I understand if we let the world around us, consume us, we are doing more damage to ourselves than good.  But, I think that when we forget to accept our responsibility, show our compassion and love, we do even more damage.

It seems like the world and it's woes, have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I know we have to find a balance in living our life to the fullest, as well as seeking out ways to make a difference in the world. We have to get the most out of this life, keeping one eye on our road and one eye on the travels of others.

So, as I work on improving my strength and endurance, I have to lift those with struggles, much bigger than mine, up in prayer.  As I find a spark of joy in my life, I have to spread that joy to the stranger I meet on the street. As God blesses me in my life, I have to turn those blessing into blessings for others.

Maybe I do allow myself to feel too deeply at times about the woes of the world. But with recognition, comes possibilities, a plan, that first step of our personal journey to make a difference, right a wrong, sooth a broken heart, or just be there with a warm hug.

and the Journey Continues........



4 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

You're a very hyper-sensitive cat with a good heart, Wynn. It's a beautiful thing when one's world doesn't only revolve solely around one's own selfish issues... but instead, actually considers the plight(s) of others & then tries to make a difference. That's the mark of a Special Being. More than that: It's an Authentic Blessing.


Good luck w/ those work-outs!


One.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the reality check this morning...:) I think we are all probably too caught up in our own day to day challenges to really see the world around us. I hope things are brighter for you this year, you deserve some joy.

WynnSong said...

Thanks Lin, your words are always an inspiration, as well as our friendship.

Thanks as well Shannon. It's good getting to connect after so many years and to find out that you are such a caring and compassionate person...

Shannon said...

It's good to connect with you too, Wynn. I remember you growing up as someone nice that was in my musical extra-curricular classes. I have no idea who I was back then :). I hope it wasn't too unpleasant..my childhood is by and large not filled with happy memories. I don't dwell in my history, but revel in the now. I'm glad you are a part of it!
Shannon