Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanks And Giving



It's the season of the year, when we spend more time with family, eat way too much, and nap a lot as well. It seems like it gets here faster and faster, and becomes more of a dreaded time, than a time of Thanksgiving.

Some of us go through the motions of it being just another day, maybe because of where their life has taken them.

Some, take a few days ahead of Thanksgiving to start counting their blessings, one by one, giving thanks to God for all the wonders of His Love.

Sitting here this morning, it occurred to me that the word, Thanksgiving, is actually two words.

Thanks............and Giving........

Giving Thanks to the God who blesses us....
Giving Thanks for the life we experience every day....
Giving Thanks for family and friends and so many others that make our lives complete....

But......maybe.....we could focus on the .....Thanks.....and Giving........

Taking time to thank the people around us for the little things they do every day to make life more beautiful.
Thanking the store clerk, when she makes an extra effort to help. Thanking the guy who holds the door open for you, as you walk in the office.  These things may seem a bit trivial, but I think in our day and time, so many of us have forgotten how to show courtesy, respect, and yep, thanks.

Some of us have learned the gift of giving, but usually only show it by helping at the mission on Thanksgiving day, or by giving gifts around Christmas time.

Giving, is sharing a part of our heart, who we are, who we are perceived to be. Giving part of our heart, our time, our talent, our wealth..... spontaneously, freely, unselfishly, and unexpectedly, to those we meet every day, is true giving. Whether it's family, friends, neighbors, or people we meet on the street, giving can change lives.

Sooooo....just some simple thoughts that have the ability to make a world of difference.

Turning Thanksgiving into a time of

Thanks..........and Giving.......


and the Journey continues.......



6 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love the post and wholeheartedly agree. I don't like to make a big deal about it because I say show "thankfulness" daily.
I love, love, love giving but still need to work on receiving. It's still a bit hard to accept when people do nice things for me. It's overwhelming at times. I still have to convince myself that I deserve it.
I have a spirit of gratitude and by His Grace, I have given way more love and hugs that I did in a past life.
So consumed with life and the things of this world...I didn't see all the goodness and grace that surrounded me. Now, I cannot live any other way.

Thanks......and giving is what we're called to do :)

W/love
China

WynnSong said...

Awwww... thanks China....and it's great seeing you again....

Unknown said...

Wynn as I go through and read your thoughs it takes me back to a place where it was hard for me as well. We all go through things and when we do it is important to allow the people close to you to help you walk through the journey so you will not be alone. When you take the leap of faith the fear of the unknown can be your worst enemy, but you can use it as a stepping stone of something greater that will vindicate you of the past that has had you trapped, scared, angry and alone. Your spirit, your smile and your presence alone will draw people to you that you thought would never be the ones coming your way. Trust me my man "I see you Wynn"

WynnSong said...

Thank you as well my friend for your new found positive influence and friendship......

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WynnSong said...

Thank you....I truly appreciate your comment....