Thursday, January 10, 2013

Speaking Out



For some reason, I assumed that the new year would bring out a more relaxed and calmer Me. That I would share words of hope and encouragement, while sharing Life Lessons Learned along the way.

For those of you who follow me on Facebook,  https://www.facebook.com/wynn.song.1, you may have found that I've become more vocal, speaking out on things that seem to hit a raw nerve.

As to why....I'm not sure....

Maybe I've just grown tired of the hatefulness, the attitudes, the my way or the highway, that so many seem to continue to live by.

Why do we continue to spew words of division and anger.  The world has enough of that. Why can't we see that there is so much more to life than adding to the troubles of the world. It's as though some find delight in bringing about conflict, adding to the downfall of our society.

I understand that we all have our opinions and beliefs, our views of the world and how it should be. That's what our freedom is all about. What I don't understand is why we have to use anger and negative attitudes to present them.

We've struggled as a country the past few years over politics, gun laws, lifestyles, religions and a variety of other causes. We seem to think that if we don't shout out from the rooftops, our voice won't be heard. But our voices of anger only bring more conflict. Look at congress and that point is exposed. The battle over politics and keeping face for their party, has stopped all progress for the good of the people. Pride and stubbornness has dominated Washington.

Maybe we live our lives by example of those in leadership. We see congress bickering constantly, so we emulate them by bickering constantly. We push our way as the only way, ignoring reasoning, logic and common sense. We forget that everyone has the right to their opinion and it's not our place to judge, but find common ground to open up communication, instead of building up more walls that prevent any progress.

So if I tend to speak out more, it's not because I have all the answers to what's right and wrong. I just want the world to be a better place. Is it possible for everyone to get along......probably not....but if we don't try....each of us....what hope do we have. If we don't break down our own walls, how do we expect be able to reach out. If we don't realize that it's OK for someone to believe differently, we will never find common ground.

Don't let your life be a life without joy. Don't let your anger make you and everyone around you miserable. Give the world hope by giving it life. Take a stand to make the world a better place, one act, one word, one step at a time. Because.....if you don't......who will......


and the Journey Continues.......


5 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

100% in agreement...
but if we don't try....each of us....what hope do we have.

"Don't let your life be without JOY!"

I love it!

Before Christ...my life was anything but Joy. With Him, I simply do not know any other way to be.

If you see someone trying to "befriend" you on facebook by the name of "Prose Poems" it's me :)

Love for a great day!
China

WynnSong said...

Thanks as always China....and I'll be sure and add you there....

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey there my friend,
Can u send me an e-mail? I want to ask you something.

Thanks!
fsb

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Sorry...I forgot the address :)

aluv4poetry@yahoo.com

WynnSong said...

Sent you an email.....