Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scratch...Or...Soar...

Most of us have great aspirations on this Journey of Life.  Whether it's being successful  at what we love the most or being successful  in making the big bucks.  Maybe it's being successful  at making a difference in the world around us or just being successful at finding our place in this world.  One thing is for sure.....if we're scratching with the hens in the chicken house we can't expect to soar with the eagles.

WHAT............

I find myself so many times scratching away but wanting to soar.  I wonder why my life hasn't reached MY expectations until I take a closer look at how I spend my days. 

I've always needed an outlet for some creativity, whether it's writing and playing music or snapping photos and turning them into something special.  Yet too many times I'm so caught up with my online life that I've forgotten how to live MY LIFE.  Too many times I'm caught up with the problems of others and have ignored the gnawing in my stomach that's telling me to LIVE....LIVE....LIVE.  It seems that I'm happy....or unhappy as it may be with the complacency of my reality instead of finding that HUNGER I had in my youth.  That HUNGER that opened up the world to all its POSSIBILITIES,  all of its HOPES and DREAMS.  That knowing that we found our way, accomplished the unexpected and found a peace, a purpose, a uniqueness in this world.

So I have to ask myself again, do I want to SOAR WITH THE EAGLES or scratch with the chickens.  It's a day by day, moment by moment decision, choice, outlook, and lifestyle.  As so many have said, THIS IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL..........

THIS IS IT.........

TODAY I CHOOSE TO SOAR............................

No comments: