Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Human Nature

"To Be or Not To Be, That is the Question"

To Be the Best of Ourselves and Not the Worst of Ourselves.....

The complexity of Human Nature was never so obvious to me then it was this last month when family came from all over to Celebrate My Mom's Life.  The unbelievable kindness of some, the self-centeredness of others, the looking at the best in ones life and the looking at the worst from others.  Human Nature seems to be like the glass that is either half empty or half full.  I suppose the way we were raised, the trials, the achievements, the walls we've placed around our hearts and well as the love that we've allowed to flourish there all seem to contribute to the Nature of our own Humanity.  The Nature of who we were, who we are and who we will continue to become.

One of the last things my Mom said to me was ....."I hope you can all get along", referring to our family.  Interestingly enough, it's the family that seem to have the worse problems of getting along.  Through the course of the last month, as much as we reached out to part of our family, we were confronted with a closed door.  We tried and will continue trying but the time comes when we have to put the situation in God's hands because when we've done the Possible, He can do the Impossible.

With each family there are disagreements, disappointments, acts of anger and acts of injustice.  It's how we deal with those circumstances that brings out the Best or Worst of our Humanity.  I was amazed at so many different family members who had someone or several someones in their family that they no longer talked to, no longer had anything to do with, no longer seemed to consider part of the family.  Talking with them,  I found out sometimes it was just one act that caused that conflict.  With others it was a whole slew of acts that caused the division in their family.  Some told me of stories that they wanted so desperately to tell other family members so they would have a better understanding, a clearer picture at what was going on at the time. Because of the Hurt, the Anger, the Misunderstanding, it seems that so many have not been able to get past the point of letting the Best of Human Nature prevail and not letting the Worst consume them.

I've always heard that forgiveness is not for the sake of the other person as much as it is for us.  By forgiving, we are set free of that burden and are able to live our lives with a lighter load than before.  We are no longer weighed down by the conflict, the sadness, the separation, the loss but are set free to live life with more love, laughter and meaning.  I know that these words sound good but sometimes we feel the hurt is too deep, too painful and there is just no way we can let go of it.....

My Prayer is that we all can come to that place of Letting Go.......

The last few weeks have been a learning process for me.  I too held on to the resentment at times, was upset by the insensitivity of others words or actions, was totally blown away by decisions of loved ones that I couldn't imagine even attempting to understand.  The emotional ups and downs caused by other family members at a time when we were suffering such a huge loss were inconceivable.....but....I too had to Let It Go and Let God take the hurt, anger and disappointments away and live to the Best of My Human Nature and not the Worst of It.....

Life continues as long as there is breath for each of us and there will always be disappointments and conflicts but by God's Grace maybe each of us will take another look inside and learn to realize there is so much more to living this life than we are allowing ourselves because of the acts of others.......

LET GO......

BE THE BEST AND NOT THE WORST.....

Live, Love and Laugh Often and Never Forget To Dance.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wynn,
You'll not lose me, we can stay in contact however you'd like. You seem to be a cool energy to connect with. You can email me and we can be more detailed....del_curve@yahoo.com.
I have a question. Though the names do not show up in the player, there is an acoustic guitar piece that just blew me away and I wondered was that "you". I like that version and I'd like to have it in my collection. Be well and ALWAYS look forward muh man.

WynnSong said...

Thanks My Friend.
I sent you an email with the song info.....