Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Than Just Words




Looking back over my old blog post, has been a bit intriguing for me, as my forte for writing, has always been in music.

Encouraged by a therapist friend, as a way of expressing the ups and downs of my past few years, and inspired by the writing style of  my friend, Lin Ross, http://lmross-moanerplicities.blogspot.com/, writing this blog, has truly been an interesting process.

Some of my entries have stemmed from the pain and frustration of the moment. Some from the joy that was sparked by the simplest of things. Some were my outcries of the injustices of the world and the sadness of the evolution of our humanity. Most came from a simple thought that I was able to express in just a few minutes of writing.

I've always tried to write from my heart, not my head. I found that when my head gets involved, things start sounding a bit cliche. Sharing from my heart tends to open up some old wounds at times, bringing out more of my past, and feelings, and experiences, than I am comfortable with, but all these things are part of my journey. We experience, we learn, we forget and learn again, we grow and backslide, and start a new day, all part of that process that makes us who we are. We learn life lessons through our experiences. It's what we do with these lessons that make us a better person, or not. Make us a better example to the people around us, or not. Enable us to reach out with hope and inspiration, life and joy, passion and compassion.....or not.

I hope that as I write here, it's More Than Just Words. As I find resolution in my life, it can help others going through the same process. As I am inspired by the little things, the uniqueness of the world, it can inspire others to see the world around us as such a special place. As I learn and grow from the bumps in the road, it can shed some light for others, and smooth their path ahead.

My writing, just like my life....is far from perfect, but by recognizing that, it gives me hope. As long as we see areas that need improvement......and there seem to be a lot of them.....we've got a direction, a goal, a purpose in our life. Our choices, from that moment, will make us a better person, or not. Make us an inspiration to others, or not. Give us a life full of happiness, joy and contentment, or not.

My hope is that my life, as my words, are more than just sounding brass and tinkling cymbals. That my actions speak louder than my words. That those around me can see and know that who I am, is............More Than Just Words........


and the Journey Continues.......


4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love the ENTIRE post.

Specifically: "Our choices, from that moment, will make us a better person, or not. Make us an inspiration to others, or not. Give us a life full of happiness, joy and contentment, or not."

That's what I love about blogging, writing, expressing...

One moment, we're staring at a blank screen...no real desire, no inspiration and just wanting to be still..."in the moment."

And then, wow...we get the motivation to "write" something that prayerfully speaks to our spirit as well as the spirits of those who visit us :)

So blessed to have met you, through our mutual friend, Lin!

Love and peace as the journey continues!

WynnSong said...

Thank you China and I agree, what comes out on that blank screen amazes
me at times. I definitely have Lin to thank for opening up a whole new realm of expression for me as well as introducing me to wonderful people like you as well.....

Shannon said...

We all send out ripples with our actions and words (or the lack thereof) - there is comfort in sharing each other's pain and joy and frustration. By sharing here, you open doors for communication and honesty. Very brave and very inspirational Wynn - thanks for allowing me to share in the journey.

WynnSong said...

Thank you Shannon. So good to connect with you after so many years...it's been a pleasure....