Sunday, June 24, 2012

Slow Down Life





I made the comment the other day....Slow Down Life.....this is supposed to be the Scenic Route, not the Express.......

Yep, it was on of those days when my mind and body were racing as fast as they could until they finally gave out. As I thought about that comment, it made me stop and think. Life is not speeding on the express train to no where. I AM.....

We are in control of life, to a certain extent.  We choose how we spend our days and what we do with our time. The time wasted.......that's on us.....not life. We've let our minds run a muck for so long, we've forgotten how to focus. Our minds have been so wired for speed, we've forgotten how to.....JUST STOP......and SAVOR THE MOMENT.


We've put our lives on the express train for so long, we can't seem to find our way back to the Scenic Route.

The first few years I lived in Nashville, I loved playing tourist, whether it was a walk downtown, or sitting by the Parthenon, or enjoying the sound of the waterfalls at Opryland Hotel. Even though I saw the same things over and over, the experiences and the people were always different and unique.

The last few years of dealing with family issues and the wear and tear on my body, seems to have changed my perspective, my attitude toward life, my enjoyment for the simple things. It's as though I need to shake off the layers of dust, just to remember who I am and what simple joy is.

It's my choice to stop the express, take a moment or two, or three, for me. I've got to remember, if I died today, the world would continue turning. The problems of the world that seem to weigh so heavy on my shoulders would be solved with out my need to fix them.  Life would go on.

It's always been easier for me to give advice, then take it, especially my own, as well as the advice of some very wise friends. But today, I need to let that wisdom sink into my heart and my soul, not just my head.

I need to recapture that feeling of being a tourist, not just in Nashville, but a TOURIST OF LIFE. I need to quit blaming....LIFE.... for the speed on this journey. It's time, once again, to pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again, in a more simpler and enjoyable way.  Will I succeed, only time will tell, but it's time to live with no regrets, no looking back, no what ifs......and just...... LIVE.............


and the Journey Continues.....



2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Being sick or having been ill makes one suddenly keenly aware of just what surrounds them: what is lovely & beautiful & free & often taken for granted. Lately, I've been taking that metaphoric 'scenic route'& appreciating the the faces, voices, sights, sounds & scents of life like never before.

Good post, my friend.

One.

WynnSong said...

With all the frustration going on, I'm glad you are getting some time for you my friend.....