Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Tale Of Two Dreams



It amazes me how God can slip us a little wisdom when we least expect it, and in all places, our dreams.

I had two dreams one night, the first showing a life without Him and the second showing what an amazing life can be with Him.

Dream One:

I headed out to enjoy the night life, taking in all that the world had to offer. Every where in the club was loud music, plenty to drink, or smoke, or whatever. People were in the corners letting their lust go wild and everyone was partying till early into the morning. When I finally had enough of the craziness, I tried a pay phone to get a ride home. The phone wouldn't take my money and kept charging up unexplained bills till I finally gave up. I found a friend and we went out to try and find my car. It turned into an endless search for blocks and blocks, circling around, heading back, all in vain. The night and the day had become one frustrated time of feeling lost, confused and hopeless.

Dream Two:

I was in the parking lot of a store and witnessed a small boy and his dog get hit by a speeding car. I rushed to the scene of the accident and was met by an elderly black man. He scooped up the boy and I took the dog and we went inside until the ambulance came. That meeting started an incredible friendship with the man and his family. From that moment on we watched as each event was now more than just a coincident. With each moment we could see how God's plan was unfolding before our eyes. Life was no longer the same for his family and me. His son had struggled with the wild side of life, but from that moment began to grow closer to God and his family. We were in awe as God took control of each of our lives as well as the new family that we had become. Every moment of every day we felt a new bond and love for each other and God. Each event was no longer a coincident. As we embraced it, we knew it was all part of God's plan.

Unexpectedly God showed me what life is like without Him and how it can be with Him.

The world can offer a small amount of happiness and sometimes just a cheap fix. But turning everything over to God can give us real purpose and life and an eternity beyond our wildest imagination.

A tale of two dreams, once again:

"Opened my eyes that I may see
Glimpses of truth thou hast for me
Opened my heart, illumined me
Spirit Divine"


and the Journey Continues.....

No comments: