Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day One: It Has Begun


Day One started with a need to stop scratching with the hens in the chicken yard and start soaring with the eagles.

When we take a close look at our lives, where it's been and where it needs to go, we begin to see patterns in our choices and the directions of the roads we continue to travel on.

I had an epiphany of sorts while trying to work on plan A, avoiding such patterns that seemed to keep me going in the wrong direction.

From the Christian point of view, God reveled to me again how satan was using the small things to build up to the big bang, so to speak. Deceiving myself that I was doing OK with plan A, I was slowly being draw back to the chicken pen and loosing the battle again. So my next thought was to come up with a plan B.

The old hymn says, "Open my eyes that I may see, glimpses of truth thou hast for me". God gently but firmly reminded me that I had to quit relaying on a plan of my own making that was destined to fail from the beginning and look deeper through His eyes. By doing so, he showed me the pitfalls that satan kept putting in front of me to lead down the path of failure. There was no hope in this plan or any other plan that I would conceive.

So Day One has come and gone. As Day Three arrived and the same tricks of satan were scattered around me, God gave me new strength and purpose. He again revealed to me how satan deceives and color coats his evil ways. He helped me to open my eyes, to see the truth and take another step to soaring with the eagles.

So many times the answers are right in front of our face. So many times we see them, yet constantly turn our gaze back down to the world around us. But as I searched once again for the glimpses of truth that I may truly see, God returned with the same direction and purpose. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you......Hallelujah......

So once again I've been given another glimpse of how satan continues to lead me a stray, following him and my own doings, and how God can strengthen my wings and help me to soar high above the clouds, if I will let Him. Will the road be smooth sailing ahead, probably not as we are human and humans forget and make mistakes, but by keeping the eyes looking upward I have a much better chance than trying to make it on my own.


and the Journey Continues.....

No comments: