Monday, December 5, 2011

East Coast Adventure: Part 6, Perfect Timing....The Finale





My East Coast Adventure was truly blessed with Perfect Timing even before I left town.

Stopping at a convenience store to pick up some oil for the trip, I opened the back of the pickup bed cover I had gotten the week before and found that it was way of it's axes. I just happened to be right beside the GMC dealership that I purchased it from and the man who put it on just happened to be there and was able to fix the problem in just a couple of turns of a wrench.......Wow....

The timing for my trip out of town could not have been more perfect as the autumn leaves were in full bloom and the weather was beautiful. As I was returning home, the cold front had passed through and all the leaves were gone.....Wow....

Deciding to go to NYC first and let Keith recuperate from his hospital stay allowed me to get there just in time to visit with Lin.  We thought he was leaving Saturday for Haiti but he was leaving the next morning, so the timing was perfect, allowing us time for a special visit.....Wow....

As my GPS took me through NYC, it took me past the Brooklyn Bridge (at least I think it was), the battleship Intrepid as well as other NYC landmarks and gave me the perfect view of the Empire State Building, adding to my excitement with each turn....Wow....

Deciding to head on to Pennsylvania when I did and with Keith having a few good days, allowed us time to have an incredible adventure in DC....Wow.....

The weather could not have been more perfect for the time walking through NYC and DC, day and night.....Wow....

The cold front coming through on my last day there gave me a special moment as the leaves danced around my feet in such a way I had never experienced before....Wow.....

Again, what may seem like simple things and everyday life for some, gave me an adventure I had waited for, for several years, giving me memories to last a lifetime and excitement and hope to return to the East Coast again someday soon. Every time I see NYC and DC now on TV, brings back so many of those memories and experiences and the excitement that they brought to this small town Texas boy who finally made it to the Big Apple.

There is no way I could ever share all the incredible experiences of my East Coast Adventure but as I sought after every new moment, both large and small, it reminded me that I need to look for those adventures everyday, where ever I am and realize that God's Perfect Timing reveals itself in every detail of our lives.  We just have to open our eyes to see.....REALLY SEE.....the Wonder Around Us......

Thank You God for a Trip Blessed With Perfect Timing.......

And The Journey Continues........








No comments: