Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Struggles




A friend asked me this week how I continue to keep pushing with my mind struggling from the last few years of stress. How do I keep going with my body struggling when my cancer wants to try and show it's ugly face, demanding the cancer drugs and maintenance chemo from time to time. How do I push through the days, which are many, that I have to struggle to fight the depression, fight the struggle to get out of bed, and fight to keep going through the day when my body says..No..Not Now.  How could I make it through all the that I did when I was taking my trip, though incredible, a feat that took it's toll on me with a vengeance.

The answer....hmmmmm.......
I've got to keep a good attitude as so many have as they fight any kind of struggle or physical problem.  I know that when I push myself, I will suffer the consequences and I do, but I can't let that stop me from getting the most out of my life, stop me from making as much of a difference in this world that I can.

Some ask why I don't smile as much.......
I would tell them it's because of that struggle that I go through everyday.

Some keep telling me that I'm the strong one, I'm the organized one, I'm the one that can do it when no one else can.  Sometimes it's hard living up to what so many expect when I struggle in so many ways.  Sure I try to work on my music when I can, try to snap some pictures when I can, try to share on this blog when I can, try to smile when I can....but....that in itself can be a struggle....that in itself can wear on my mind and body everyday.

So what do I do.......

I keep pushing on and on and on as long as my mind and body will let me...
I keep trying to find that joy in the small thing as well as the big things....
I keep trying not to let the attitude of others pull me down...

I keep trying not to let My Struggles take away from My Joy of Life, even though that is a struggle in itself.....

I keep on....keeping on.....

and the Journey Continues......

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Wow. *feelin a little emotional*

I dont know quite what to say here', Wynn. But I DO think it as very, VERY, VURRRRR INSIGHTFUL of me to have nicknamed you "Wondrous."

Tis The Season for YOU to snatch the HELL outta JOY, my Friend!


One.

WynnSong said...

Thank you Lin. Your friendship has helped me through so much of the struggle, more than you can ever imagine.