Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Moment Of Peace



Leaving the gym this morning, I turned on the radio to my favorite CCM station.  I usually leave the gym, worn out, drained and hurting all over, but driving down the road, this morning, I noticed something different......

I Was At Peace

It was if, the burdens of the world had been lifted, the pain in my gut was gone and the noise in my head had been silenced. It was so unexpected, it took me completely by surprise.

For the first time, in a long time, I felt completely at peace with the world, myself and life.........

The words to the song came to mind by Rich Mullins:

"You have been my King of Glory
  Won't you be my Prince of Peace"

So I took that moment to say.....Thank You Lord, for this special time of peace, for this time to feel Your presence, for this wonderful feeling of joy.
For this unexpected blessing.


and the Journey Continues.....



4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you had that moment today Wynn, they are so rare. Sending a hug to go with that. xxx

Moanerplicity said...

The wonderful, wonder-filled &
yes, WONDROUS thing is that you were fully present & conscious enough to acknowledge it. So many times & w/ so many people those Good Moments slip away unnoticed, unappreciated, unfelt... & it's only when times are bad that they look back & realize, 'Hey! I was contented back then.'

Today God Did Not Allow You To Block His Blessing!

SJ!

One.

WynnSong said...

Thank you both.....it really was a rare and special moment.....

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I love the post.

Society has a way of running at a high rate of speed...it can be very loud, overwhelming and intoxicating...and that is why He gave us John 14:27.

I for one accept His gift wholeheartedly. Not at first, because to be still...do nothing and be in the midst of total silence was abnormal for me. However, now...nothing comes between me and my promises from Him.

Love and more peace,
fsb