Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Gift Of Another Year



As my birthday comes around and I reach the ripe old age of 58, I look back to a few years ago when I never thought I would see 58, or 50, or 45...........

With the diagnosis of cancer, the words, that I have 6 months to a year to live, came as well. So what did I do......I went back to work and finished my day.

With an out pouring of prayers, cards, phone calls and love, and getting my attitude right, life just seemed to look up. At church, my preacher prayed for peace which came immediately. At work, having one of the most stressful jobs there, I just let it go and in one day, the stress was gone. As I went through the chemo and radiation, I grew tired, lost my hair, had mouth sores, colon and kidney problems and felt like......well....you know, but I endured.

Surprisingly, I never saw myself....... DEAD.......
A friend of mine at work said the same thing.
I watched others battling with the same cancer I had, giving up, fading away and yes.... dying, the same fate my doctors expected from me.

But I'm Here.....

So I thank God for this Birthday, just as I have the past few Birthdays, knowing that He is My Healer, He is My Strength, He is My Hope.......

My road is not and has not been an easy one, as my body continues to fight the battle. With some of the struggles over the past few years, it's been hard keeping my attitude in a good place. With the burdens of family, life struggles, the pain in my body and depression kicking in, there have been times that I've just wanted to give up......

But God Never Gave Up On Me......

So........Thank You God for Another Year......

I will continue to follow in your light, finding my hope in you, feeling your arms of love and warmth around me and continue letting you use me.......For You........to make this world a better place, now, and in the years I have to come......


and the Journey Continues.....


5 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

58 looks great on you. Please stay in the fight...He is pressing us individually and collectively for His Glory and I trust and believe that "It will all the worth it."

A beautiful song by Mary Mary

Continue sharing yourself, your life experiences, your music and your beautiful photography with the Universe. We unknowingly touch more lives then well ever know.

As I always say..."this life is not about me...or you."
Easier said than done, but Rejoice always!

Love, peace and blessings.
Nice Blog!

Moanerplicity said...

Wow, Wondrous! 58? Well, each new day lived above ground is indeed a Blessing. Surely you already KNOW that. You are not a person who takes life for granted. You bring with you the JOY of inspiration, and you continue to lift The Creator's Name up in song. These are not trivial qualities, but noble ones... & perhaps that is why Our Father has made a mockery of the doctors & doomsayers who predicted your early demise!

Your will, your strength, your inner Wynn-ness all dictate that there's a WINNER in you!


Happy (early) Natal Day, My Friend!


SJ!


One.

WynnSong said...

Thank you Butterfly for the words of encouragement and inspiration. You are a warm and compassionate person....I going to have to check out your page as well....Thanks again.....

WynnSong said...

And thanks as always Lin. You never cease to encourage and lift me up with your words my friend......

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Praying that your eye captured something beautiful today!

sent w/love
fsb