Friday, September 21, 2012

You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me



Today has been a time of reminiscing, a time of looking back at achievements and failures, incredible opportunities and really bad choices.

So many adventures were far beyond my dreams.....

Singing at Amy Grants house, with the likes of Michael W. Smith, Paul Overstreet, Nichole, and several other Christian artist.
Working for top Christian Music Companies such as Benson and Diadem and getting to meet so many Christian artist there, as well.

Having the chance to write several Christmas musicals for my church back home, wedding songs for several friends, Praise and Worship songs in Amarillo and Christian Rock songs while singing with the Group, Lazarus, in Amarillo. I've been published and made it to the the Christian chart list.

I've been able to travel, seeing so many places I've only dreamed of. I've been blessed in so many ways.....

But.....I gone through what felt like the gates of hell as well........

So many unexpected problems in dealing with life, and family, and friends, taking my stress level farther than I could ever have imagined, Dealing with cancer and depression, the pain and the hopelessness. So many choices that were, REALLY BAD CHOICES and facing the consequences of each one of them.

But as I was reminiscing, I realized how easy it is to live in the past. How complacent we can become with our previous success, and belabored by the rough times and mistakes.

This was not a time for me look for praise or pity, for sympathy or a pat on the back. This was a time for me to realize how blessed I've been for the good things, and how strong I've become for the trials of life.
But, as the song by Cher says, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME.

As we are blessed with each Breath that God gives us, there is so much more to do, to conquer, to create, to change. We have to live for Right Now, and at the same time, Look To The Future with hope, life, joy and love. We have to learn that we can't live off of our past achievements and bad choices forever. As Oral Roberts would say so many times.....

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

Even though we are getting up in our years, by the Grace of God.........

We Are Just Getting Started........


and the Journey Continues.......



3 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Get out there and conquer, create and change!

We would be absolutely amazed at what we can accomplish if at first we BELIEVE!

I did a bible study on the Gospel of John and the word, believe is referenced at least 90 times. It is now a part of my spirit!

I'm currently doing a bible study w/a facilitator named Beth Moore. She is gifted with getting us outside our comforts zones and into a deeper walk with the Creator.

Fear used to be my best friend and now, my boldness and confidence is all I'm known for. I love being this woman as oppose that scared girl back then.

You have a circle of loved ones and friendships that are near to encourage and support you and you also have an "insect" (fsb) praying for your success in whatever you so desire to achieve.

Passion is a powerful force that cannot be stopped, so be certain that you are up for the challenge!!!!!

Love and prayers,
China :-)

Shannon said...

Wow - that's a tough comment to follow! : ) I get hung up like that sometimes too, Wynn, especially in the regret department. And then I realize that without all those missteps, mistakes and flat out failures I wouldn't be who I am today and I am a better, more empathetic person today than before all the trauma and pain - and so are you! AND - yes we may be getting on, but there is a lot of time left (God willing) - time to do anything we want bad enough!

Moanerplicity said...

I must say a passionate "AMEN!" to China's comment.


I think that as long as we consider, contemplate, review, explore life and as long as we are open & loving... then we are LIVING LIFE with ALL the lights on!


Our accomplishments are the butter spread upon the bread of life, & JOY, PURE JOY should never be taken for granted. Whatever else we encounter (sickness, disappontment, heartbreak, bridges, detours, dead-ends) are but mileposts in the journey. All are lessons so Necessary to be Learned.

And there remains so much more road left filled with the potential for even more JOY & yes, even more lessons to savor.

SJ!

One.