Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Music Of My Soul




I sit at the keys, placing my hands gently
Pressing down, the chords rings out
The harmony and dissonance, all taking their place
Tempered to perfection, revealing the music of my soul

A journey with a beginning, an ending uncertain
A memory from my past, a place where I've been
It slips through my fingers and flows across the keys
Like waves on the ocean or a gentle breeze

As my heart strings are unlocked by the sounds, the memories
Every breath taken, every moment realized
The Opus of my life, the Sonata of my most private thoughts
Becomes a new creation, becomes a witness, a testimony of life

So I sit reminiscing, letting it flow through the keys
The emotions from my past, my present, my future
All  find their way entwined into moments of sound
Tempered to perfection, revealing the music of my soul

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! This really captures the True Spirit of Creativity, Wynn... only from a musical end. Even as a writer, I could still very much relate to these words & this feeling.

Very well done, my friend!

One.

WynnSong said...

Thanks as always my friend....