Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Sadness



The sadness still lingers
Hurting so deep, like a knife cutting into my flesh
The pain engulfs me
The clouds of depression consume

The turmoil rages
A fight for hope or despair, faith or defeat
The battle for life or death
Of prayer and resolve

It's a test of my faith
Letting go and letting God, finding victory in Him
Knowing my fear comes from the world
And my joy comes from above

The answer is there
But the battle continues, eating at my soul
Deflating, draining, persisting
Such a struggle to trust

So I lift my eyes to God
I give Him the burden, the pain inside
For He is my stronghold
He is my peace

I acknowledge my weakness
I confess my fear, the struggle
I lift my eyes to the Almighty
For there lies the rest for my soul


4 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

"It's a test of my faith
Letting go and letting God, finding victory in Him
Knowing my fear comes from the world
And my joy comes from above"

No truer words will ever be spoken nor written or FELT than those, my friend.



One.

WynnSong said...

Thank you Lin. Putting my feelings into words seems to help me sort out the answers and remember what truths they hold. The pain is still there but it helps

Daij said...

Letting go and letting God my mantra every morning on my way to work. I love this poem! thanks for sharing


Alieux

WynnSong said...

Thank you Alieux....