Thursday, December 5, 2013

Living Is Giving



Someone asked me this week, at what time in my life was I the happiest. After much thought I realized that it was at a time I felt I really had something to give.

I worked for a company where I was confident and knowledgeable enough to be an expert in my field. Through that knowledge I was able to give advice and suggestions to hundreds on a daily basis. I felt that I had something to give and by giving, I felt alive.

It seems like so many times when asked the question, are we living or existing, we realize we are just existing. When our world revolves around us, we tend to see the world with blinders on. Only when we reach out, do we see the world in a different perspective. When our vision turns inward and we've lost sight of the outside world, we find our life and happiness being depleted. Sometimes I think that living in our own heads can be a curse. Only by living through our hearts, do we learn to live.

When we learn to give back to this world, instead of taking from it, do we find the key to living and not just existing.

Those of us who are Christians learn to realize that if we seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, our life will take the path it's supposed to. That allows our minds the opportunity to let our hearts thrive. But too many times we forget and the mind kicks in, then we try to work everything out our way.

And yes, I'm speaking from experience. Too many times by my trying to work through everything on my own, I see the world through tunnel vision. As I remember back to the time where I felt the most, I find the need to make some changes to rediscover that place. I have to let go of a lot of stuff and relearn how to live and give. Living in faith and giving with love.

Staying on this path seems to be a struggle at times but the more we give, the more we learn to live. First we have to let go and let God to get our lives back on track. Then we have to remember, it's not what we take from this world, it's what we give to it. We have to learn that Living Is Giving and that allows us to live this life with all the joy, respect and purpose we need to truly Live.


and the Journey Continues......

No comments: