Monday, December 30, 2013

No Regrets



We hear the phrase, NO REGRETS, a lot in our lifetime.

I personally am one of those beings who hang on to my regrets. I let them stew around a while, usually getting upset all over again. The pain, disappointment and anger seems to rise up in my soul every time I revisit one of those moments. I'm realizing more and more that rehashing those past regrets only causes me more frustration.

I used a phrase a lot when I was growing up. RELEASE. A friend in Colorado who had gone through the course of the Sanoma Method, had instilled in my mind to release all the pain, the struggles, the bad decisions and the heartache caused by others. It worked for a while but my mindset soon reverted back to that of regret and worry

We use the phrase, LET GO AND LET GOD, a lot in our churches today. I've used these words a lot as well, to remind myself to do just that.

This brings me back to the concept of NO REGRETS. It's time I remind myself that what is done is done. The accomplishments as well as the bad decisions and bad circumstances were there to mold my character, to learn from and to gain new insights into the world around me. My hanging on to those regrets instills just the opposite. It keeps bringing back the pain and heartache as well as the anger and disappointment. The only way I can really move on and have a positive outlook on the future is to let go of those regrets.

So my change for the new year (as I don't make resolutions, just changes) is to daily remind myself to RELEASE, LET GO AND LET GOD, and live my life with NO REGRETS. Only by letting go of the past, can I find my joy for today and tomorrow.  Only by letting go of the past, can I open up my heart to the life, love and joy that God intended for me to have.

So for today and everyday throughout the year, I will keep those words in my mind and my heart, NO REGRETS, ONLY OPPORTUNITIES, allowing my philosophy of life to change. Allowing my mind and heart and spirit to find a new sense of peace and happiness. Allowing my life to be one of living life, really living life to the fullest.


and my Journey Continues.....

No comments: