Tuesday, August 5, 2014

In The Midst Of The Storm


In the midst of the storm
Clouds closing in from all directions
Lightning flashes, pounding rain
Waves crashing all around us

We feel the turmoil in our lives and know what it feels like to be in the midst of the storm
When sickness or depression hits us, it tends to make the turmoil that much worse
We feel like we're being sucked deep into an endless pit

We panic and allow fear into every part of our lives
We loose sight of our hopes and dreams and things to come
We've lost all light to the darkness

Over reacting to the negative side of life is a frequent occurrence when we feel physically drained
And too many times we allow the emotions and feelings to take over
Causing us to give up, shut down and just stop

Whether the storm is caused by sickness or depression, we must remember this too shall pass
We have to allow the body and mind some time to heal, some time to rest
Not an easy thing to do because all we feel is bad

We have to realize things will get back on track soon, saving all major decisions till later.
We can't make the mistake of allowing what we feel to dictate who we are
We have to take time to ride out the storm and look for the sunrise after the darkness

This all may sound a bit strange coming from me but as I continue to feel the waves of the storm crashing around me
I have to constantly remind myself over and over, this too shall pass
When hope feels lost, I have to remember what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

I have to let the storm take it's course, the clouds blow away and the wind calm the seas around me
And I have to constantly hang on to the Anchor
The Anchor of Hope, Faith, Love, Healing and Patience embedded by my relationship with God


and the Journey Continues.....


No comments: