Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Plausibility Of Change



Change

I'm learning that the plausibility of change in our world seems to be at times, a hopeless, uphill battle. We search for change in the human heart that has grown cold and callous. We search for change in the world where power and greed seem to be the driving force. We look for hope and find despair. We look for love and compassion and find hate.

We are living in a world where we are connected to every event, every word spoken and every voice that seems to enjoy hearing their voice above all others. We've become a world of opinions. We're bombarded everyday with news cast, discussion groups and twitter pages where everyone has something to say. Whether they know the details or what's really going on, they suddenly become the expert. We've learned to let our voice be driven by our minds and supposed intellect and no longer by our hearts of compassion.

All that said, the world hasn't fallen into oblivion yet. There is still hope but the change needs to come soon.

I've learned recently that I'm probably a lot more sensitive to the worlds problems then some. My heart hurts for those dying in a foreign land because of famine, war and disease. My heart cries out against those who only seek power and greed and their own agenda, no matter what the cost. My patience grows thin for those who are so close minded, they never give other's thoughts and opinions a chance.

I find myself constantly searching for ways to make this world a better place, to warm the cold hearts and open the eyes to a world that should be, that could be. Sometimes I feel like giving up. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall that's going nowhere.

Through this process, I've become aware that for some, change will never come. They've become so wrapped up in their world of I's and me's, that's all they see. For whatever reason, it just ain't gonna happen.

But for some I have hope. I see so many in the world who want change. Change in their lives and the lives of those around them. I see the compassion in their hearts and warmth in their eyes. When conflict comes their way, they search for balance and an even ground to work through the process. They may not always agree, but they look for ways to react with respect and hope and grace.

I've learned that it may be impossible for one person to change the world, but one person can change one more, then another and another. For those of us who can see our world in a better place, we find that it can only take one person reaching out and hopefully that one spark will ignite a wildfire of hope and compassion, of love and understanding and of peace and brighter days ahead.

We must learn to close our ears to the bickering around us and open our hearts to shine a new light. That even though we may not have it all together and still have our own issues at times, we may still be a light in a darkened world. We must learn that being understanding is more important than being right, that there's more to this world than greed and power. We must learn to let our first words be a smile, followed by hope and compassion. We must realize that there is more to this life than just I or me, that we are one human being in a world of millions. Only then can we see a brighter future of working together. Only then will we learn to speak with a voice of reason and a heart of compassion.

We can see change by taking the courage to first look in our own hearts, then by taking the courage to reach out, one person at a time and only then can we start to see change in the world we live in.

and the Journey Continues.......

No comments: