Monday, August 26, 2013

Turning 59



Turning another milestone,
Completing my 59th year on this journey of life
Starting my 60th year with all the challenges and adventures ahead

Where I've been and what I've endured
The joys, the loves, the trials, the tragedies
Each breath taken, molding me into what I've become

Am I where I thought I would be at this time
I have no clue

So many years go by when we rely on our youth
That energy and drive that comes so much easier when we're young
So many accomplishments

But as age sets in, we seem to slow down, settle in, become comfortable

My 59th year was one of a new purpose
A new chapter in my life
One dreamed of, but unsure of the reality of it happening
Or how it would turn out
But it did

I look back on the last few years with a sense of pride
How I've overcome, how I've endured
And as a butterfly coming out of a cocoon
I've found new wings to fly higher and farther than before

I continue to learn and relearn the lessons of life
And learn again
My life isn't perfect
But it is my life

As my journey continues in this 60th year
I may be a little older, a little worn down
Maybe a little wiser, maybe not
But stronger and more seasoned

The face I see in the mirror looks a little odd
But I'm still here to look at that reflection
And know
I am a survivor


and the Journey Continues.......

4 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

I look back on the last few years with a sense of pride
How I've overcome, how I've endured
And as a butterfly coming out of a cocoon...
I've found new wings to fly higher and farther than before"


The above expression seems to be the definition of life, of living & evolving into a decent, loving & learning human being.

This is something You most definitely qualify as, my friend.


Hey, I didn't miss anything, did I?

Happy upcoming Natal Day, Wynn.


SJ!

One.


WynnSong said...

Thanks Lin
No, you haven't missed anything yet.
Thanks again...

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

"My life isn't perfect
But it is my life"

Simple and true!
It's your own special gift and free will to do as you please; and you my friend have chosen to honor the Father. How He must be smiling down on you and your journey thus far.

Almost 60 looks "GREAT" on you!
All the best is yet to come...

w/love
china

WynnSong said...

Thanks China, I appreciate your encouragement

And uhh...it takes a lot more work to look this good than it used too......hehehe....

Thanks again