Friday, August 5, 2011

What's Fair Is Fair





Over the course of my life I've always tried to be a fair person and treat everyone with respect and hoped that fairness and respect would be returned.  Through the past few weeks I'm finding what I hoped for and reality can be two different things.

I've remembered the old saying, "Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch" and boy is that the truth.
Every time I begin to feel comfortable about the situation of the fairness of the task at hand I hit a major speed bump in the road.  Every time I get happy about the circumstances I tell myself......wait and see....things may change and lately they have been.

So what do you do when you try to make all the right decisions not really knowing the right answers but you do your best. What do you do when it's a constant battle and you think....finally....finally that hard work, that struggle, that battle will end with a happy ending....and ending that is fair........Hmmmmmm.

I know God works in mysterious ways and I know that sometimes those bumps in the road are there to remind us that we don't and can't do it all....that we have to rely on Him.  I know I forget that at times especially when I'm thinking Fair Should Be Fair.  That's the times I have to remind myself once again that God has all the answers, God knows the outcome, God knows the struggles and God knows what the future holds.
So I catch myself saying one more time....Let it go and Let God take control....put it in His Hands and trust that He will do what is Fair.  Yep we're human and that's a hard thing to do especially when we feel like we've been wronged and want some justice, want what is fair.

So God, here I am again, help me to let go and not try to work it out on my own but know that YOU will make it Fair.....Your Way......

No comments: