Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Had A Dream



Funny.....it seems like I've written about this before....but maybe....it was just a dream....hehehe.


It's interesting how our subconscious seems to work overtime when we dream. Our dreams reflect our day in ways that we never quite comprehended, shedding new light on the road we travel.

I could go on and on about some of the dreams I've had and yep....some of them have been doozies.....
but a couple of nights ago, while traveling from Texas, I had a very revealing dream.

I was in a town full of unfamiliar places. As I went from place to place, I caught myself, fluttering, so to speak from one interest to another. As I experienced each moment, I found that they lacked meaning.....fulfillment....satisfaction....life......
I found I was just going through the motions.

I entered a building where they were setting up a stage area and I was asked to sing something for a sound check. It's amazing how much better I sing in my dreams.
I was singing a heartfelt ballad, full of emotion....passion....heart....and life. The crowd drew quiet, intense, and totally absorbed in the moment. Tears begin to fall as all were totally caught up in the experience.

As I woke up, I was deeply moved as well. It was amazing how my subconscious mind was showing me in a unique way, what fulfilled my life the most.

My Music.....and the ability to touch a heart.

Not because of my vocal abilities, but my passion to share my heart.....my life.
Maybe that sounds a little strange, but in the process of doing a lot of soul searching lately, I've discovered the need  to  re energize my spirit, to refocus my goals, and oddly enough, my dream revealed what my mind already knew, but seemed to have forgotten. To share my heart through music is my joy.

I am continuously amazed at the human mind and will continue to be amazed at what my subconscious reveals to me in the dark hours of the night. Who knows, maybe it's not so much my subconscious, but God whispering gently, enlightening my road and guiding my way.......


and the Journey Continues......



No comments: