Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Music Of My Soul




In time of trials and troubles, most people who were raised in the church go to the scriptures for comfort. With each bump in the road, a scripture comes to mind to give that peace, that hope, that strength.

For me.......comes a song......

When turmoil comes, Rich Mullins words come.....

"You have been my King of Glory, won't You be my Prince of Peace"

"We are not as strong as we think we are"

And the Hymns we grew up on......

"There is a place of quiet rest, near to the Heart of God
A place where sin cannot molest, near to the Heart of God
Oh Jesus blessed Redeemer, sent from the Heart of God
Hold us who wait before Thee, Near to the Heart of God"

and

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear
What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer
Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer"

and the song, sung by Russ Taff

"When your up against a struggle, that shatteres all your dreams
And your hopes have been cruely crushed by Satan's manifested schemes
And you feel the urge within you to summit to earthly fears
Don' let the faith your standing in, seem to disappear

Praise the Lord, He can work through those who praise Him
Praise the Lord, for our God inhabits praise
Praise the Lord.....
For the chains that seem to bind you, serve only to remind you
That they drop powerless behind you 
When you praise.....Him"

So the Music of My Soul, music written through the ages about...........

Our God, Our Savior, Our Friend, Our Hope, Our Peace, Our Rest, Our Strength.....

Gives me solace to stand tall, fight the good fight and enjoy the hope of another day.....


and the Journey Continues.......





2 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

"Our God, Our Savior, Our Friend, Our Hope, Our Peace, Our Rest, Our Strength....."

Love how you worded that, "OUR"

He is the God of all who call on Him. My heart deeply burdens for those who choose NOT to call.

He wants to love us to pieces just as we are. I for one, soak it up!!!!

Thank you for new music to put on my ipad. Love any song that Praises the King of Kings.

Love and peace,
China

WynnSong said...

Thanks China.....
I've shared some great artist and songs with Lin. I'll have to add you to my list.