Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Less Of Me, More Of You



My last couple of weeks have been filled with an incredible amount of stress as I've worked through several business situations. I've caught myself in a bit of a panic at times, before I had a chance to think through the process. Having a lot on my plate, I found myself running in several directions at once.  It hit me this morning that I had slipped back to the habit of trying to do it all.......myself.

God did some whispering in my ear and reminded me of the words to a couple of my songs:

"Lord be the Lord of all I am and Lord of all I can be."

and

"You oh Lord, You are the comfort of my days, the leader of my ways, You are my God"

I realized it was time for Less of Me and More of Him.

Concerning myself with so many details and things to do, I had pushed God out of the equation. I was putting all of the weight and worry on my shoulders, forgetting that God was there to lighten my load. Was there to ease the stress and fill me with some much needed peace and rest.

So this morning I re invited God to walk through this day with me. I thanked Him for lifting me if I should fall. I praised Him for His direction in my life. I reminded myself that "He is the Lord of all I am and Lord of all I can be".I asked for forgiveness for my narrow mindedness and forgetfulness concerning His presence.

Tomorrow I will start the day again with the prayer, Less of Me, More of You......


and the Journey Continues........

1 comment:

Moanerplicity said...

Wonderful, my friend! In our day- to-day living, we often forget how to turn over the reins of our lives, & hand them over to The Creator. Luckily, in those times of serious stress, you remembered to simply 'let go & to let God.'

No doubt the severity of the burden has been lifted, & in doing so, you have succeeded in pleasing HIM.

SJ!

One.